January 11, 2012

Rainy Days and Puppy Dung


                                                                                                        
It's been raining a lot here, with clear days interspersed, but mostly grey skies and wetness.  To fit the mood, I've been enjoying listening to piano music while I study and go about my everyday life. When it comes to piano music I usually listen to classical but I've taken an experimental turn to a more modern pianist: Yiruma. I love his music. Because his expression is so clear, it's easy to hear stories in the notes. As I stated before (in an earlier post), daydreaming is one of my favorite pass-times; I like to imagine plot lines while listening to his music -- ignoring what I'm supposed to be doing... Anywho, here,  Yiruma – Puppy Dung is one of my favorite albums by him -- I know, awesome name, haha, I'll admit the title is what originally drew me to it. In this album, I recommend Yiruma – Spring Rain and Yiruma – One Day You Will...; the other songs are all lovely too, of course. You should check out his other albums as well, he really has some beautiful pieces. I hope you enjoy listening to Yiruma as much as I do and are having fun in your snow or rain or clearness or whatever. :)                        
                                                              
~Kait                    

P.S. It just occurred to me that this blog is supposed to be motivational. Ah well,  I'm motivating you to embrace your creative side and be inspired...yeah, I'll just stick with that...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, it's not really supposed to be so motivational...although encouraging is always nice. :) But as far as things like music go, I just love hearing about what you're listening to these days! Does Dad like Yiruma? It seems like something he would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he does, I haven't introduced him to Yiruma yet. :)

      Delete