January 14, 2012

A little note from Luther

Alright, so this was supposed to be a post for Friday, but there is nothing like a coming-on stomach bug to mess up the schedule!

"[In Phil. 2:1-4] we see clearly that the Apostle has prescribed this rule for the life of Christians, namely, that we should devote all our works to the welfare of others, since each has such abundant riches in his faith that all his other works and his whole life are a surplus with which he can by voluntary benevolence serve and do good to his neighbor." Luther, The Freedom of a Christian (or On Christian Liberty)

I love this quote so much that I try to read it every few months. It's such a great thought: we have such a bounty of riches in our faith, that all our life and works are extra, that we can give to other people!

Of course, it's a great thought that's hard to remember...that's why I have to come back to it so often. :) 


1 comment:

  1. That is a really good reminder! One day I think I'll paint a wall in my house in quotes that I want to remember more often and this will definitely have to be on there. :)

    ReplyDelete