January 7, 2012

5 Tasty Recipes

5 Tasty Recipes  (that I didn't invent :))
My own sparkling cranberries, made from the recipe below. So pretty!

1. Candied Walnuts -- good on salad, good eaten straight....

2. Sparkling Cranberries -- a friend of mine linked to these on facebook, so I made them yesterday. SO beautiful and delicious! You should at least go see the pictures (and maybe make these, while cranberries are still available!)

3. Poached Figs -- so this is out of season, but you should really save it for when figs are back! Even if you don't like figs...This recipe turns them into beautiful things. (It's very versatile, too. I don't usually have port, so I substitute whatever wine, red or white, I happen to have around. :))

4. Brownies -- it makes a big 9x13 batch, so if you have a small family you can freeze them. (And they are delicious straight out of the freezer, too.....) I usually cut the cinnamon in half, cause it was a little much for us.

5. Mushroom Soup -- something completely different! It is SO tasty, and the author claims it will boost your immune system. And your immune system will need a boost after the other four recipes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I can't wait to try these; of course the only really healthy one I'm going to pass on but that's okay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are lovely looking cranberries! I can't wait to try this. Each one of your recipes looks scrumptious! I plan to try them all. Ü

    ReplyDelete