February 19, 2012

Craft Book Love

I LOVE my library. Anybody who knows me well, knows that I think my library is the best library in the country....because it is. One of my favorite things to do is watch the "what's new" list and check out the latest craft books that the library has purchased. And all the wonderful hand-crafters out there are cranking out some pretty fantastic stuff. Here are some of the incredible books I have found lately.




Crochet Adorned by Linda Permann is not really new (published in 2009) but is new to me and wowsa! So many cute, fresh ideas. Linda has a blog at http://www.lindamade.com/wordpress/
                                                                                                                                                                    

Signature Styles by Jenny Doh takes an in depth look at 20 stitchers and what defines their look. Lots to look at and inspire...Find it at www.larkcrafts.com

 
Amy Barickman's Vintage Notions is chock full of vintage fun...I may have to own this book! Or at least check it out often to get it all read and accomplish some of the ideas inside. This book is full of vintage reprints of publications from The Women's Institue of Domestic Arts and Sciences published between 1916 and 1934Amy's blog is http://amybarickman.com/blog/


Threads Sewing Guide
And the last book on my coffee table that I have checked out several times already because I love it...I really should just buy it...is Threads Sewing Guide. This is now my favorite sewing book. Great photos, clear instructions. This book is sold everywhere. 

Now for a book my library doesn't have but I check often, hoping they get it soon! Spud and Chloe at the Farm by Susan B. Anderson. Susan has another book which I have checked out many times, Itty-Bitty Toys, and I am anxious to see her new book. And here is Susan's blog http://susanbanderson.blogspot.com/

Spud & ChloĆ« at the Farm 

What new books have you discovered lately?

3 comments:

  1. Craft books always make me want to be craftier, and these look especially inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I found one of your craft books the other day, don't remember what it was called, it looked cool though. It's always fun to dream about the things we could make with the odd bits of nothing we keep just in case they come in handy one day.

    ReplyDelete