February 27, 2012

A Brief Update

Have I mentioned that I love this girl? I do. She lights up my days. Recently we've been working on getting good naps in the day and still being able to sleep well at night. And things went well over the weekend but then we woke up this morning to discover that the chimney of the house we rent (we rent the basement) is being torn down and rebuilt this week. YAY. So in an attempt to avoid to all the hammering and sawing and pounding of feet (it's crazy that from three floors down you can *still* hear people walking) we're taking a mini-vacation at my dear Mother-In-Law's home today. (Maybe tomorrow it will be my mother's turn? *hint hint*)

 In other news, I've been reading like a mad woman whenever I have a few moments. I have such a hard time making myself be selective with getting books for our Kindle. Whenever I'm out browsing and I see something that looks good I download it! Just like that! (If it's free.) And now I have at least a dozen books on the Dear Reading Apparatus that are calling my name. The one I'm most excited about is "American Woman's Home" by Harriet Beecher Stowe and her sister. The table of contents itself is *awesome* and I can't wait to read the actual book. But I have some books from the library ("Management In The Home" by Lillian Gilbreth being one) that I have to read first since they have a due date and the books on my D.R.A. do not. Arg.

 Also, I recently decided (I must have been in some sort of sleep deprived psychotic episode) to go through all my foodie magazines and cut out the recipes I want to keep in case I *ever* have time to try them, and put them into binders according to dish type (Main, Sides, and Dessert, with sub-categories for stuff like beef, chicken, salads, etc. ((HA!))). So far I have cut out the recipes from two magazines (maybe three? I can't remember last night very well and I'm not at home to verify...) and I have sorted and binder-ized the recipes from one of those.

 "Dear Rachael Ray,
    Please stop printing so many yummy looking recipes.
 Sincerely,
 A Very Tired Recipe Addict"

(Seriously, I'm a sucker for a good food photo.)

And there you have it; that is my life in a nutshell right now.  Have a blessed Monday!

~Noble




1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a sweet girlie! Last night I was at Hobby Lobby and got something to make something for her. (In case you can't tell, I'm raising my eyebrows conspiratorially ;))

    Oh, and so funny that you're reading Management in the Home cause I read that a while back and was just talking with someone about it this week. I guess Mrs. Gilbreth is making a comeback!

    Once you try some of those recipes you should tell us about them...I'm always looking out for good recipes. and Rachel Ray is one of my new faves -- I got one of her cookbooks from the library, and Ryan was looking through it and almost every recipe photo got a "WOW, you should make that!" response. :-D (Except the crunchy tuna burgers, lol, go figure....)

    ReplyDelete