I thought I'd tell you about my projects I'll be working on next week. It's a short list -- I try not to think about too many things to do at once. :) There's a balance to this diligence thing. If I stack up too many things to do, that discourages me instead of motivating me! But here is what I'm working on next week:
1. Socks for Ryan. He doesn't like traditional dress socks, so I'm trying to make him compromise wool socks -- dressy enough for school (he's a teacher), but comfy enough for his toes. I have one finished already, and I'm about half way through the other one! I'm using this pattern (first time with toe-up, for you sock-knitters out there!), and this yarn. This is a spare time project -- I work on it in little free moments around the day. (10-21: Check!)
2. Decluttering my magazines. I've been inspired to do this by reading this book, which is about taking small steps to simplify your life. Most of my magazines are Cooks Illustrated, so I need to go through and decide which recipes and articles I really want to keep...and which back-cover art is worth gleaning. It's a little hard, because they are chock full of such useful information! But the truth is that what is important to me, I already remember after reading once (for instance, the trick of saving your butter wrappers to grease pans with later). (10-21: Check!)
3. Making biscuits and gravy for Ryan. He's on fall break this week, so I thought it would be a nice surprise for him to have biscuits and gravy one morning. :) (I know this seems small for a project, but that is what having a baby will do to you!) (10-21: Check!)
4. Cleaning the bathroom. I try to get this done every week. ;) (10-21: Check!)
5. Deep cleaning the kitchen. (10-21: Halfway Done!)
My secret to getting anything done now that Blaze is here is to try to do it before he wakes up in the morning.
What are the projects you're working on next week? This past week I finished my thank-you notes for all the sweet presents people gave Blaze!
Who wouldn't want to give this chubby fellow presents? But maybe they should give his mama some sense of "matching." ;)
Watch out for an update on Monday! And have a lovely sabbath. :)
(10-21: Edited to show that I did some of these! Woohoo!)