November 18, 2012

Recipe review: Pumpkin French Toast Bake

Baked Pumpkin French Toast
So this Saturday I tried an entirely new recipe (c/o Pinterest). I'd never made french toast before, let alone baked pumpkin french toast. I used this recipe, and for baked french toast I thought it was okay, but I'm really not  fan of baked eggs in anything. Like. Anything. Shoulda thought of that before I picked this out as my weekend splurge. sigh  I really couldn't taste the pumpkin; but that might have had something to do with the fact that I used pumpkin puree not pumpkin butter, and that I only had cinnamon not pumpkin pie spice mix. Ah well, that's life. Noel really liked it, which is always handy when you forget that you're only feeding two people and accidentally make a 9x13 pan of it anyway! At least it keeps in the fridge for a few days. So, *if* you have pumpkin Butter and/or pumpkin pie spices (also, if bread puddings are *totally* your thing) then you might really like this. But if you're like me, and don't have pumpkin butter or the spices and you really are not a fan of baked eggs of any sort, I'd wager that your life would continue on just nicely without it



My kitchen has totally scary retro counters and backsplashes....

No comments:

Post a Comment