August 2, 2013

They Tell Me It's August Now

It seems a little incredible. That it's August I mean. It seems like it should still be July, or even June, potentially May. Yeah, we'll go for May.

 We're just wrapping up our first week of being back home from our stay-cation with Noel's parents. The house still looks like a bomb went off, but that's okay because I'm having a good friend over for a visit and she doesn't mind the crazy.

 This last month (or maybe two) I've been *awful* at writing/calling/getting together with people; it makes me feel silly and embarrassed. It really shouldn't take me five days to call my sister back. Or five weeks to respond to that FB message from a friend. But it does. (I do still love them though!)

Noel's new hips are working *perfectly*. His Physical Therapist says he should only need a week or two more, then he can be done with therapy. And he's almost to the 6 week post-surgery mark, which means he gets to stop taking blood thinners, too. Praise the Lord!

Addie's adjusting to being back at home. (Read: She's not sleeping. At all. And is super cranky. All. The. Time.)

The new baby seems to be growing nicely! I can't suck my stomach in anymore. But I need to do a better job of making good food choices. July was rough; hopefully this sweet thing doesn't end up with three arms.

A lost kitten came and visited us yesterday, it fell asleep in my arms. Cats have a wonderful calming effect.

I ordered a replacement part for our oven so we should be able to use it again soon. It's sad how none of my dinner recipes sound appetizing until the oven breaks and then I want a roast chicken. Oh the cruel irony.

I've been reading through the NT in my Bible; I just finished 2nd Peter. I have been encouraged, and Jesus+Nothing=Everything ties in nicely, echoing and clarifying things.

                                      
Addie recommends stopping to smell the flowers every now and again, even if they're stinky daisies.


No comments:

Post a Comment